IEEE Student Branch
University of Galway branch of IEEE. Advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.
IEEE's core purpose is to foster technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.
IEEE is the world‚Äôs largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
- Over 409,000 members in more than 160 countries, more than 60 percent of whom are from outside the United States
- More than 125,000 Student members
- 343 Sections in ten geographic Regions worldwide
- 2,615 Chapters that unite local members with similar technical interests
- 3,565 Student Branches at colleges and universities in over 100 countries
- 3,182 Student Branch Chapters of IEEE technical Societies
- 608 affinity groups; IEEE affinity groups are non-technical sub-units of one or more Sections or a Council. The affinity group patent entities are the IEEE-USA Consultants Network, Young Professionals (YP), Women in Engineering (WIE), Life Members (LM), and IEEE Entrepreneurship
- Has 39 technical Societies and seven Technical Councils representing the wide range of IEEE technical interests
- Has more than 5 million documents in the IEEE Xplore¬ģ digital library, with more than 15 million downloads each month
- Has an active portfolio of 1,076 standards and more than 900 projects under development
- Publishes approximately 200 transactions, journals, and magazines
- Sponsors more than 2,000 conferences and events in 96 countries while contributing over 3.6 million total conference papers to IEEE Xplore since 1936, with as many as 200,000 new papers added annually
Keep an eye on our calendar for upcoming meetings!
We're always open to hosting events, and if you have any ideas or want to get involved, please get in touch!